Since I couldn’t enjoy D.C. Cherry blossom festival, I found my own in Lake Tahoe
to be carried now and then,
strength too needs a rest.
I’m just like,
and my friends with normal jobs are like,
True story haha
Timothy Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek (via shelyeah)
That is a massive man and a fearless dog!
Just another reason why dogs are better than cats! Haha
SPEED NURSING: Things Nurses Could do with Safer Staff Ratios
January 3, 2013
IdleThoughts from an idealist.
1. Catch subtle symptoms before they progress to an RRT or Cardiac Arrest
2. Be able to spend more time with patients, so they don’t feel neglected, and heck; maybe even bring up the scores on the patient satisfaction surveys
3. Answer call bells promptly
4. Be able to round on patients a lot more, potentially preventing more patients from falling.
5. Be able to pee more frequently than once a shift (if that)
6. Be able to eat on breaks at leisure, and not suffer reflux from shoveling food down so fast just to get back out on the floor
7. Be marginally more friendly, from lack of stress, or time to actually socialize a little with the people you spend many of your waking hours with.
8. Maybe help out other nurses when they have one difficult patient, rather than numerous patients in a district of insanity
9. Have a charge nurse without patients of their own, so they can assist in districts that really need it.
10. Have a less sore back from the increased and arduous work, and maybe get home at a decent time
10.5 Interpret the not-so-obvious lab values, radiology, and rather than “speed nursing,” spend more time utilizing the critical thinking process and maybe save a life
….list is endless…..
Holding in a fart all day and finally getting home